30. January 2012 06:52
Ok, so you read Part 1: How to: Create a facebook Business Page, you've got your new facebook business page setup, but now you want to make it stand out and welcome your visitors.
To get started on your new custom facebook fan page, your going to need a place to host the new HTML, CSS and other necessary files.
If you already have a hosting provider, then you can use it to host your new custom facebook fan page, but if you don't there are some other great options.
- Google Sites - Free web hosting from Google, with WYSIWYG (what you see if what you get)editor.
- Yahoo! Web Hosting - Offers affordable and dependable web hosting.
Create Custom Welcome Page
- Create your new welcome page and upload via your hosting provider. Your new app will be loaded into Facebook via an iFrame, and for your page to display correctly within Facebook, it will need to be setup at 520px X 600px. If your not skilled in creating web pages with HTML or don't have a WYSIWYG editor, then you can use a graphic. The entire top portion of our Facebook fan page is a graphic.
Here's a link to our fan page for review.
- Take note of the URL to your new welcome page.
- Navigate to http://apps.facebook.com/iframe-apps/
- Navigate to the "Base URL" tab
- Select your page. Click on "Add IFrame Apps on this page" link
- Click on "Add Page Tab" button
- Add the url to the new welcome page you created in Step 1 above.
- Click the "Submit" button
- You now have a custom "Welcome" page.
Set Welcome Page to Default Tab
Take make your new custom welcome page the default tab for visitors
- Use Facebook as your page
- Click on the "Edit this page" button
- Under "Manage Permissions". Set "Default Landing Tab" to "Welcome".
- Click on the "Save" button
Please if you have any questions or comments regarding any of our posts, then feel free to send us an email or comment. We'll answer quickly.
Author: Kyle Lanning