20. February 2012 09:38
Looking for a powerful tool to add to your SEO or business marketing campaign? Well, there's one right at the tip of your fingers that you probably didn't know about. It's called Google Alerts and it's free!
Google Alerts sends you notifications by email of the most recent Google results based on the search query of your choice. Google Alerts can help you find the latest trending topics relevant to your industry, link building opportunities, and it's great for monitoring a businesses or products online reputation. Every time Google finds your search query, it will send you an alert on a daily or weekly basis.
Setup Google Alerts
- Sign into Google.
- Visit http://www.google.com/alerts
- In the "Search Query" field, enter what you would like to be "alerted" about.
- For SEO this could be targeted niche keywords
- If you would like to monitor your business, brand, or service then enter your business name, service or product name, and even a persons name to monitor.
- For "Result Type" select "Everything".
- Select "Daily" or "Weekly" for how often you would like to receive alerts.
- For "How Many" select "All results".
- Select your Google account login email *
* Google Alerts will also give you results on the fly. Just enter your search query and watch the magic happen.
Google Alerts opens so many possibilites for your SEO link building or business marketing campaign. If you find Google Alerts useful for your SEO link building or business marketing campaign, then please let us know what you find!
Author: Kyle Lanning